Alan Butler Awards 2017
The Alan Butler Awards recognise the achievements of successful groups and of the many hard-working people who give up their time free-of-charge to make a difference to health and safety in companies in their area, particularly small firms. The judges were impressed with the tireless efforts of all the safety groups that entered.
The awards process invites groups to furnish answers and supporting evidence in response to six key performance questions in five areas: communication with groups, H&S organisations and the wider community; selection of topics and speakers; support for HSE and its strategy; membership retention and recruitment; and the best achievement in the previous 12 months of which they are most proud. Awards are made by an independent panel at 'bronze', 'silver' and 'gold' levels
Alan Butler Gold Awards
- East Anglia Construction Safety Group
- Herefordshire Health & Safety Group
- Swansea & West Wales Occupational Safety Group
The current Overall Gold Award Winner 2017 was announced at the House of Lords on Monday 29th January 2018
- East Anglia Construction Safety Group -
Alan Butler Silver Awards
- Kent Health & Safety Group
- Manchester Occupational Health & Safety Group
- Safety Group West Scotland
- South Cumbria Occupational Health & Safety Group
- South Wales Construction Group
- Tayside Integrated Safety Association
- Wiltshire Occupational Safety & Health Association
Alan Butler Bronze Awards
- Humberside Occupational Health & Safety Group
- Mid-Anglia Environment Safety & Health Group
Maurice Adamson Award Winner 2017
The Winner of the Maurice Adamson Award 2017 is Claire Oakes of North West Construction Safety Group.
This Award was introduced in 2010 to commemorate the work of Maurice Adamson who worked tirelessly for over 20 years in improving the standards of health and safety and was the driving force behind the committee of the Teesside Safety Group.
The award is to recognise the 'Outstanding contribution from an individual to the Safety Groups Movement'. This year the calibre of nomination received was again exceptional, highlighting again the extraordinary contributions that individuals make to ensure the success of the Groups.