How to enter
There are two Award Categories:
The Alan Butler Awards - to celebrate the achievements of the Safety Groups
The Maurice Adamson Award - to recognise the work of individuals within Safety Groups
To enter the Alan Butler Awards:
All Safety Groups who are members of SGUK are invited to enter the Alan Butler Awards.
Entry forms for the 2017 Awards will be available in September 2017
Groups are asked to answer several key performance questions which are reviewed by a panel of judges.
Entries are awarded an Alan Butler 'Gold', 'Silver' or 'Bronze' Award and winners are notified of the result after the judging in mid December.
Provisional Key Performance Questions:
- How does your group communicate with your members, other health and safety organisations and the wider community?
- What topics and speakers were included in your Group's annual programme and / or seminar and why?
- How does your group support the HSE and its strategy?
- How does your group encourage retention and recruitment of members?
- What single achievement is your group most proud of in the last 12 months and why?