How to enter
There are two Award Categories:
The Alan Butler Awards - to celebrate the achievements of the Safety Groups
The Maurice Adamson Award - to recognise the work of individuals within Safety Groups
To enter the Alan Butler Awards:
All Safety Groups who are members of SGUK are invited to enter the Alan Butler Awards.
- Click here to download the Alan Butler Award 2017 Entry Form
- Click here to download the Guidance on completing the entry form
Groups are asked to answer several key performance questions which are reviewed by a panel of judges.
Entries are awarded an Alan Butler 'Gold', 'Silver' or 'Bronze' Award and winners are notified of the result after the judging in mid December.
Provisional Key Performance Questions:
- How does your group communicate with your members, other health and safety organisations and the wider community?
- What topics and speakers were included in your Group's annual programme and / or seminar and why?
- How does your group support the HSE and its strategy?
- How does your group encourage retention and recruitment of members?
- What single achievement is your group most proud of in the last 12 months and why?
The Maurice Adamson Award
The Maurice Adamson Award recognises the 'Outstanding contribution from an individual to the Safety Groups Movement'. Any elected member of a Safety Group's Committee is invited to nominate an individual for the Maurice Adamson award.
Click here to download the Maurice Adamson Award Nomination Form 2017
Entry Deadline: Friday 24th November 2017
Entries should be sent by email to: email@example.com
or by post to:
Safety Groups UK Awards 2017, RoSPA, Livingstone House, 43 Discovery Terrace, Heriot-Watt University Research Park, Edinburgh EH14 4AP